Define:- Ulcerative colitis is a disease that causes inflammation and sores (ulcers) in the lining of the large intestine (colon ). It usually affects the lower section (sigmoid colon) and the rectum. Ulcerative colitis can affect people of any age. But most people who have it are diagnosed before the age of 30.
- >Inherited tendency
- >Lack of digestive enzymes especially if you have lost your gall bladder
- >The existence of bad bacteria, yeast or parasites
- >High fat diet >Intolerance to dairy products, fructose and gluten containing foods
- >Frequent use of antibiotics can stimulate the predisposition to this disease
- >Stress and anxiety may worsen the symptoms but are not the cause of the disease
- >Urgent, uncontrollable, frequent, loose and bloody stools
- >Nausea, gas, bloating and Indigestion
- >Stomach cramps >Loss of appetite
- >Night sweats
- >Weight loss with low energy levels
- >Skin lesions
- >Joint pains
- >The disease can affect nutrition causing poor growth during childhood and adolescence. >Symptoms, if left untreated, can further complicate into anemia, septicemia and colon or rectum cancer
A colonoscopy> In this test, a doctor uses a thin, lighted tool to look at the inside of your entire colon. At the same time, the doctor may take a sample (biopsy) of the lining of the colon. Blood tests>which are done to look for infection or inflammation.
Stool sample>testing to look for blood, infection, and white blood cells.
- >Eat small meals.
- >Drink plenty of fluids.
- >Eat a high fiber and high folic acid diet, fruits and cooked vegetables.
- >Avoid diary products, meat, sugar, raw and canned vegetables.
- >You can use homemade yoghurt and cottage cheese.
- >You can use honey instead of sugar.
- >Avoid legumes such as chick peas, bean sprouts, garbanzo beans, starchy foods like potatoes, pasta and grains such as wheat, barley, rice, etc.
- >Avoid smoking and alcohol.
- >Exercise regularly.
Leading Remedies in Homeopathy:-
- Arsenicum album>> treats ulcerative colitis. Symptoms include bloating, burning abdominal pain, diarrhea, and great anxiety. Worse from midnight to 2 a.m. This remedy is indicated in the treatment of psychosomatic ailments.
- Carbo vegetabilis>>is an effective remedy in the treatment of intestinal gas. Abdominal pain one hour after eating, better from eructation and passing gas.
- Colocynthis>>relieves severe colic pains. Diarrhea after eating or drinking.
- Cuprum aceticum>>relieves gastrointestinal cramps. Green diarrhea in children.
- China>>is useful in the treatment of loose watery stools. There is rumbling in the stomach. The condition gets worse after eating fruit.
- Ferrum metallicum>>regenerates new red blood cells in the case of anemia.
- Ignatia >>treats ulcerative colitis. Symptoms include bloody diarrhea caused from anxiety or stress. A slight contradiction will trigger an inflammation.
- Intestinal mucosa>>supports the regeneration of intestinal mucin.
- Mercurius corrosivus>>is an effective remedy in the treatment of burning ulceration of the mucous. Frequent stools with mucus tinged with blood.
- Nitricum acidum>>repairs ulcers of the gastrointestinal tract. Pain in the rectum, fissures, and hemorrhoids.
- Nux vomica>>treats ulcerative colitis. Symptoms include intestinal inflammation caused from consuming too much food or alcohol.