and Emergency Medicine
Homeopathy First Magazine
Best Vitamin C Drink 
Learn More With Caralyn 
Coupon SHOPWITHHWC

Homeopathy World Community

Creating Waves of Awareness

Dear friends, 

Recently I read Our Master's 208th aphorism. I could clearly understand the first half of his paragraph where he states,

"The age of the patient, his mode of living and diet, his occupation, his domestic position, his social relations and so forth must next be taken into consideration, inorder to ascertain whether these things have tended to increase his malady, or in how far they may favor or hinder the treatment."

But in next line our master writes,

"In like manner the state of his disposition and mind must be attended to, to learn whether that presents any obstacle to the treatment or requires to be directed, encouraged or modified"

Now i am in a doubt whether the STATE OF MIND and DISPOSITION of a person itself can act as an obstacle to cure. Because in Aphorism 211, he says,  

".....that the state of the disposition of the patient often chiefly determines the selection of the homoeopathic remedy....."

Are we selecting the remedy based on that state of mind and how could it be an obstacle to cure? Dear Homoeopathic friends, please discuss over this matter to get a clearer view of our master's thought.

Views: 971

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Disposition required for the selection of the remedy and to know the patient. If a NUX V disposition keeps doing debauchery and spices intake till medicine take its time to modify the disposition, we need to address the patient about diet and regimen; as we know he is a dictatorial, zealous and obstinate disposition which can deteriorate its recovery if not taken care of during the initial stages of treatment.
".....that the state of the disposition of the patient often chiefly determines the selection of the homoeopathic remedy....."

This tells us that mental symptoms are of great value in the selection of the medicine.

"In like manner the state of his disposition and mind must be attended to, to learn whether that presents any obstacle to the treatment or requires to be directed, encouraged or modified"

Here we have to worry about the external factors responsible for such mental conditions and the patient/care takers must try to remove such external factors.E.G. if a women gone to depression , because of the atrocities of her husband, then the relief is not possible till husband becomes considerate to her wife.

Dear dr, 

But our medicines change the attitude of the patient's only know.... we can give the patient medicine only. If the remedy is right the female should develop a tolerability towards her husband na......

Dear Dr Nagarajan.

This can be viewed as two-fold.

1. Assisting the mind/body to heal from both external factors, as Dr Sushil implied, and internal factors. Thus, we nurture the individual by creating a safe environment, without toxins, distractions or stimulants that can trigger illness or cause ill effects. Plus, we can approach the person to create awareness of faulty or negative thinking. In this way, 'creating awareness' of the conscious and subconscious mind and attitudes so the person can take positive action steps. 
  2. We could understand that the vital force initiates many of the cravings or mind symptoms that provide the homeopath signals, signs and coded messages of the illness or disturbance from a normal state of being. For instance, if a person has hallucinations, auditory or visual illusions they can be made aware that this is not the reality in which others live. Do they remember a time when they did not have these symptoms? Do they want to hold on to these illusions, fears or delusions? The homeopath can repertorize from the type of thinking, in addition to physical symptoms, plus take action on the environmental triggers. One might say, "Is this the chicken or the egg?" Which came first? Did he person simply start having strange thinking patterns or was there something in the environment, like toxic lead fumes, or taking too many supplements, alcohol, spooking shadows on the wall, etc.

The open minded homeopath approaches healing in all manners that can help the patient heal. Please listen in on recent HWC BlogTalkRadio where Hahnemann talks about many of these issues.
If the 'state of mind' is an UNUSUAL one for that individual then we use that for repertorizing, yes?  Often times, actually most times, I'll look to the patient's (mostly animals) change in disposition as a sign that the remedy has begun to work at which point I discontinue the administration (if it was a multiple administration and not just one dose).  The same really applies for humans, too -- I find that when a remedy has begun to work that most (animals & humans) will feel a state of release in that sleep is deeper and more immediate and long lasting that what is 'normal' for that individual.  Those are just my personal observations, however. But I watch carefully (and intuit carefully) for any change in disposition and that signals, to me, a definite 'charge' of the remedy.

RSS

HWC Partners

RADIO & VIDEO SHOWS

© 2019   Created by Debby Bruck.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...