Homeopathy in Intensive Care
and Emergency Medicine
Homeopathy First Magazine
Best Vitamin C Drink 
Learn More With Caralyn 
Coupon SHOPWITHHWC

Homeopathy World Community

Creating Waves of Awareness

Dyslexia is not an intellectual disability. It's a different kind of mental organization. I speak inter alia from personal experience. The perception is other ways. These pathways differ from the typical view that is taught in school. The right brain processes images, the left brain processes words. The brain, which reacts first, determines the nature of perception. Pictures are always a synthetic approach. Words are an analytical approach.

The Dyslexia first sees the image and assigns this image to a word. The "Normal" provides the first word that he will then arrange linearly. So for the one creates an image for the other an ordered line.

School to cope with the linear array, the dyslexia dissect the image in detail.
For the spelling, I could solve the problem in that I have read my lyrics backwards. So I have checked the spelling, word for word.

Torn out of the (metaphorical) connection, I was able to meet the academic requirements.

Mathematics was my ability to see images of benefit. I always kept track of the entire task.

My weakness today is the name. I can not keep any names. I know the face, I know all the circumstances. But unfortunately, I just do not know your name. In the consultation I compensate by the index card on which the name appears. In life / in the street I say "Hello". Or I ask for the name, which is then called as a first name or surname, and then say (or vice versa) "Yeah, no, I forgot your for(sur)name!". Now nobody feels more misjudged who does not know this weakness.

The names weakness also affects my vocabulary memory. Once I speak a language in addition to another, in the "language translation" I miss the vocabulary. So I can not German words in England and no English words in Germany. The dictionary is then my constant companion. With dyslexia, you learn to come up with tricks through life.

Mathematical tricks (I treat a lot of children with dyslexia):
Rules and learn series with movements. For example, take a ball and clutter, while reciting the row of three: 3 x 1 = 3, 3 x 2 = 6, 3 x 3 = 9 ...
The trick is to separate out here again individual areas from the overall context, in order to analyze them separately. Physical mobility supports it. Even people without dyslexia can learn as well.

Dyslexia is NOT a disease! IT IS A TALENT!!! It's a different mental organization. Often it is also equipped with many talents (artists). Thus, dyslexia can not be cured because there is nothing to heal. Why should we heal a genius? Let us be glad that we have them. Both Einstein and Albert Schweitzer have fallen by many academic tests.

Our schools are ill if they do not consider this pool of talent. But we need to help dyslexics and legasthenics to cope in this topsy-turvy world.

As my job in treatment is to stabilize the inner rage or a lack of self-esteem and to show them the tricks that we can move through this world of work.

By the way: you find dyslexia more often at women but men.

There is nothing to cure if we don't want to make a special to a normal. Show them how to manage this talent so, that it is suitable in this society. And help them (that's possible with homeopathy) not to be angry, anxious etc to stay in a "normal" school. If there is also a ADHS (and similar) you can do something - of course. But "dys" means "away from normal, miss...", lexia is language. The person handles the kind of use in an own way. This way is a TALENT !!! This way makes it possible to feel empathy. I will not be cured. I'm okay as I am. And each other is it, too.

Possible reactions of the person concerned:
I am worthless. The others are better. I am deeply depressed. I know no one here.

This can be:
Let me alone. Oh, I'm pissed. Why do this work, but if no results are achieved?
Or massive trouble. Massive fears. Together Soft self-esteem. Lack of pride in any own performance.

Dysgraphia:
To me, a house has 4 walls and a roof. Why paint the school such funny characters? From this you can not see a house!

Dyscalculia:
The result is 60. Why is this so complicated?

I know a carpenter. He can build a spiral staircase, without a single bill. The spiral staircase is better than anything his colleagues get together. The man can not count, but he sees the design exactly to the millimeter. He is the only one in the company who can build these stairs. Little waste and everything is exact.
Those reactions, which are not compatible to the society will be cured. That will be necessary for being able to live with love, joy and confidence (= to be healthy). There are a lot of remedies to help, esp homeopathic remedies (forget retalin etc).

I play through a rubric once to show where sit the approaches to therapy. To me it does so under the reactions that develop the child to come to terms with his surroundings.

Mind; mistakes, making; talking, in; writing, while :
fl-ac, lach, lyc, thuj

Remedy By Remedy

ACIDUM FLUORICUM:
Will not be fixed like it, do not take responsibility, refuses narrowing.

Here we have a person who makes mistakes, both in writing and in speaking. Just because there are language difficulties, the assumption of responsibility (for what has been said) is not appropriate. So he will remain vague. He will not specify. Each setting is also a restriction. Here we must remember that any definition is a restriction. The Defined is limited to its limits. Across the border is nothing to be found of the Defined. Likewise the person feels: they are limited by definition. Since it with a glance, a complete painting, borders are unbearable. Since he has not made the world, he will not accept any responsibility for it.

Possible responses:
Reacts coated violently. Is friendly to strangers (helpful). Is taciturn and silent (when pushed into a corner, so driven to the border).

Fl-ac-people often had parents who mustered no understanding (reason). They escape into extravagance, where they can be very persistent. Also abuse has occurred in the past under some circumstances.

LACHESIS:
Constant change. Thinks he has to adapt. Device into a false sense of security (through adaptation). Doing what is expected. Hides the feelings.

Here we have a person who makes mistakes, both in writing and in speaking. The child is precocious. It is tender with a tendency to sadness. It complains about a lump in the throat (can not really talk), almost as it would suffocate. Lachesis children obey not like (they do not hear back from fear of adaptation). Their keen intellect differentiated good. Since they hide their feelings (bad experience), they sometimes seem sneaky. They talk like a machine gun.

Reactions:
They feel as an individual not accepted. Eventually the commitment fades and they do nothing more (no matter). Or they are highly energized, touch sensitive and based on a partner. A hurry, impatient, irritable.

Cause: 

Rejection.

LYCOPODIUM:
Afraid to fail. Needs recognition. Had bad experience with the truth. Avoiding the truth in order not to stand again as a failure. As long as there is peace of mind, all is well. But if resistance emerges he wants to convince the world from his point of view.

The child is strong and agile. It's emotionally at a distance. The second type acts like a fool and a weakling. Both seek independence. Linguistically often cumbersome. Brooked no argument. Dictatorial occurrence (family), customized appearance (outside world).

Reactions:
Intolerance. Hateful, fearful. Will not do anything sitting around. Refuge in drugs.

Cause:
Violence in childhood.

THUJA:
Delusional idea that mind and body are separate. Hide adjust, to isolate themselves. Be closed, solitary. Conceal carry things, secrets.

Child appears emaciated, has whitish lips and dark circles under the eyes. Earthy appearance. Workaholic. Is compulsive. Sad, but wishes not to be touched. Retires, is at a distance. Aversion to speaking. Fear unknown people. Actually curious and open, intelligent.

Reactions:
Only dogmatic, later by negative experience he splits and becomes a loner.

Cause:
Bad experiences. Rituals, that were used for guidance, were rejected by the environment.

Collect the remedies, you find. It becomes a very special Materia Medica. But it will be helpful to lead children in a society, which can only think with the left brain :)

Views: 2036

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you.

This is an interesting post, and actually I agree with the idea that just because someone thinks or learns differently to the majority (or perceived majority) does not make them 'sick', although society has used difference as a justification for all sorts of 'treatments' throughout human history.

I see a lot of children in clinic with the diagnosis of ADD or ADHD, and some of those are also diagnosed as dyslexic. Far too many children are labelled this way,  with various pharmaceutical drugs prescribed to 'manage' it. I actually find such children fairly simple to treat, but as with everything we do in homoeopathy the most important part of our analysis should be to determine what is disease and what is the patient, and to do so without bias. I often find the parents' expectations can be some hinderance as they compare their children to other families and to the expectations of the teachers and education system.

I do feel that there are many sick children nowdays, far more than I used to see 15-20 years ago. I see entire families full of sick children, speak to many parents outside of clinic and hear the same thing - all their children are sick now, not just one of them, not just a neighbour or a relative. It is a terrible situation and appears to worsen each year. My personal opinion is that the increased number of vaccinations, habitual use of drugs like antibiotics, the routine suppression of fevers with painkillers and of skin complaints with steroids, and the decline in the quality of our basic foods are primarily responsible.

So most children presenting with dyslexia are most likely sick regardless of this diagnosis. However, the whole case must be examined, rather than isolating this one characteristic and trying to treat it directly. We can best know the shape of the disease by focusing on the totality, by taking the holistic view. Look for the suffering, look for the things that cannot be mistaken, observe the child and pay careful to the reports of the parents as to how they interact with others. When a characteristic does not belong to disease, it does not hamper them. When something appears only in one situation, one has to suspect the situation is the problem not the patient. Our education system is not a healthy one for the most part. It enforces rules and conformity, and for many people this is actually an external stress which can create problems for them. Those problems form part of the disease picture rather than the mind and personality of the patient.

I have had a lot of children with learning difficulties of various sorts. I never focused on the 'name' of the condition to which the teachers, pschologists, social workers or parents attached themselves(which often just segregated or further traumatised the child). I tend to concentrate on three things in the consultation A) The physical complaints especially the peculiar ones and in particular looking for miasmatic traits B) The reactionary behaviour to the situation (rather than what is in the patient that appears to stir up the situation) - I find children tend to respond in raw uncompensated ways which can make remedy selection much easier C) The dreams or fantasies of the child if they are old enough to express them.

As a personal experience, I have found many of the animal remedies to be suitable for the children I have seen. Many of these children have displayed the themes associated with this kingdom such as  Agressor/Victim, Violence, Persecution, Territoriality, Domination/Submission, Jealousy, Revenge and so on. I will stress though that I see many plant and mineral remedies too (and a few nosodes) so this is only an observation not some kind of definition of the those conditions.

There are some examples that stick in my head. I don't have the files with me today so I cannot give specific cases or rubrics only what I remember about them.

I saw a 6 year old immigrant boy who refused to speak in English at school, and the parents were being bombarded with all sorts of diagnoses and obviously was being considered as having some kind of 'learning disorder'. By looking at the common themes in his case, the main one being an inability to accept authority and a desire to always do his own thing, which lead me to Corvus-c (the Raven). Ravens are quite intelligent, are reputed to be able to talk, but are known to often choose not to. This is precisely how this child was behaving. Within 2 weeks of talking one dose of 200c he began speaking English (which he clearly knew). His teacher was also a patient of mine and she expressed amazement at the change in him - he become more social, more agreeable to direction, and participated with much more enthusiasm in class.

I saw a 9 year old boy who displayed extreme aggression in the playground. He was very difficult to teach due to his restlessness and intolerance of authority. He could not follow words on the board, claimed that the letters would get mixed up, and frankly didn't pay much attention in class. During breaks he would get into fights with other children, showing frightening violence. He would often jump on to them knocking them down, and then apply pressure to their necks. Obviously the school was threatening to expel him and the mother was being pressured to put him on drugs. During the consultation he actually said that the other children were victimizing him, and he was only defending himself. He would interpret small things as direct threats and react to them. He spoke at great length about the process that went on in his mind about the attack, and how he would prepare to jump and use his great strength and size (he was unnaturally big for his age) to surpise them, and then how using his strength he would pummel them until he defeated them. He also spoke about how the throat was a weak spot, and this lead into a strange coversation about leopards and tigers. His mother said he was fascinated by these animals, and watched documentaries about them. Although his language was very violent and somewhat scary to hear coming from a young boy, in reality he restrained himself (although who knows how long for?).

When he got into trouble at school, his first response was to run away, and he would climb up as high as he could get so that nobody could reach him. He said that the only way to be safe was to climb up high, sometimes he couldn't get down. He went on to talk about balance quite alot, without any prodding from me, how important balance was, and the word balance or synonyms for it appeared for much of the conversation. I had recently had a Lac-felinum case where this concept was prominent, and I suspected I was looking at another Feline group case. When I probed for more on the attack he used (as this is an important way to differentiate between animal remedies) he spoke of how important it was to be stronger than the other child, and to overcome someone you had to be much stronger, using your strength to beat them down. Rajan Sankaran's wife had talked at a seminar I had attended about a small proving she had done of Panthera tigris (Tiger) where the theme of being stronger, using  brute strength to defeat your enemies, had been observed. She also spoke about the Cat group as a whole and I believed that this child needed one of these remedies.

There is an old saying about Lions and Tigers, which may have started during Roman times when animals were pitted against each other for the entertainment of jaded crowds. When they fight, the Tigers always win. This has been observed even in more modern times - Tigers are bigger, stronger, and can kill a Lion sometimes with a single swipe. Size and strength gives Tigers a significant advantage. They also kill with sudden speed so keepers must be very careful around them.  

He needed several doses of 200c, but the change was dramatic. He became calmer, less aggressive, more attentive at school, complained less about the problems with learning. When I saw him in clinic again he was quieter, moved around less, and no longer talked about being victimized by others. His mother was very happy - the school had stopped pressuring her. He stopped running away, the teachers reported that he was participating in class now, and the fights had stopped. He could read the board now! No mention of letters moving around. When I observed him in the consulting room, he was no longer picking on his younger brother, but actually played with him while we were there quite happily.

Lastly, I had a case of a 14 year old boy who came in with parents complaining of behaviour and learning problems. These had started when he went into puberty. Although the teachers were suggesting that his difficulties in class might stem from some kind of undiagnosed problem like dyslexia, as he appeared to make alot of mistakes when copying down homework. When the patient themselves talked about it, he emphasized his dislike for his teachers not any problem he had with reading or writing, and he spoke about them as 'always wanting to control me' and how he would resist any effort to be made to do something he didn't enjoy doing. School was not fun, he hated all the work they put on top of him, it made his life a drudgery. He hated hard work, and just wanted to do what he thought was fun. He said about one teacher he hated the most 'She is always trying to get on top of me, but I won't let her! Nobody gets on top of me!'

What was fun for him? He was obsessed with motorcross racing. He loved riding his bike, would enter racing competitions, fantasized about winning races. He practiced constantly, riding fast and jumping. The only way his parents could punish him was to take away his bike and his motorcross costume, to bar him from races. But this rarely worked the way they wanted, as he would become even more rebellious and complain bitterly about his chores and how they were working him too hard and how boring and depressing his life was. He was a real curmudgeon! The only time he brightened up was talking about racing.

(continued)

Since there was so much energy in racing for him, I asked him to describe what a race was like for him. He described how at the beginning he felt a lot of nervous energy and restlessness, how he was anticipating when the flag went down, how he would jump forward as the race started, how he would fight for position in the race, always trying to reach first place. He perceived the race as a struggle with the other riders, he described how close they would get and how he would have to knock them out of the way to get ahead. He loved the speed, loved to jump and he loved to win, although he said that the race itself was very satisfying (as long as he came at least second).

When I asked him again to describe his experience at school, he emphasized how boring it was, how much work was given to him, how he hated hard work, there was too much work, and he just wanted to race all the time. He felt the teachers and his parents were always telling him what to do, ordering him around, controlling him. When he did his chores, his mother related how much he grumbled, how he dragged his feet to do them, how he complained and how they had to keep a close eye on him. He said to me again that the one teacher he hated the most always piled the most work on him, and how she would never 'get on top of him' no matter what.

All of this was very evocative. I know something of the proving of Lac equinum (horse) and a very prominent feature of it was how the provers felt they were being tamed into submission, forced to do things that they did not want to do, things that were difficult and werer drudgery. There was a strong sense of frustration of being forced to do what others wanted, what was their duty, and duty was seen as a burden. Work was a burden, but they did it anyway, all the while wanting to be free of it.

What was this teenager afraid of? Horses. His mother said it was strange because his father loved horses and actually raised and raced them for many years (before the boy was born). Whenever his father took them to see horses the boy was extremely nervous and would not go near them. He said to me that they were unpredictable, they could kick him or knock him over. He was quite afraid of them. He said that he liked donkeys more because they were friendlier and not dangerous. He could pet donkeys without any problem. This information was offered to me without them knowing anything about what I was thinking, or even that there was a remedy made from a horse. With the idea of this remedy in mind, one can see the description of a race in a very interesting light. I also saw significance in the statment 'She will never get on top of me' which is something most people are trying to do to horses.

Again, after several doses of 200c, the results were very pleasing. His mother reported he became much more amenable to doing his chores, he stopped arguing with his teachers so much, improved at his school work, and stopped fighting with his brother and father so much. He stopped grumbling about his life. He even stopped being so obsessed with racing, although he still enjoyed it. He used to wear his racing clothes even when at home, and he stopped doing that. His schoolwork became easier for him, he could read for longer, read faster, and didn't need help in understanding what was required of him.

Dear David - I love reading your comments, stories, cases and insights. Did you select a remedy for this young man obsessed with motor car racing? 

I agree that schools are not constructed to develop creative thinking, individualization, or cater to those with special needs and learning styles. In America, we have dumb downed the students in preparation to pass local, state and federal exams. Funding has disappeared for cultural arts and we certainly need more physical activities and free time to play and explore. Technology has its benefits, but keeping students connected to computers or cellphones will not help them develop relationships and social skills. 

Thank you for sharing your cases with the community. Blessings, Debby

Hi Debby,

I am so glad you are enjoying my posts. I love homoeopathy and I love using it the way I do, so I appreciate the positive feedback.

I think you will see my second post by the time this one comes through, so you will see how I solved that case :)

Oh there was one more case that I was thinking of too. Another teenage boy who had been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome as well as Dyslexia (which manifested in very poor spelling and an apparent inability to learn to correct his mistakes). He was very easily distracted and did not enjoy classes where he had to read words. He was particularly talented at mathematics and operated well above the expectations for his age.  However even here his mind did not work as his teachers wanted, and he was often able to arrive at answers to complex problems in ways that others could not understand. He was encouraged to try to do it the 'accepted' or 'normal' way but he said to me 'Why should I? My mind works faster this way'. He was not usually graded very well because when showing his working it did not correspond to the process the teachers wanted.

Now the real problem for him was his relationship with people. He was an angry young man, with poor emotional control. He felt superior to others around him and he felt detached from them. He described himself has having no feelings, or that it was hard to feel. He saw other children his age as threats, as enemies. Although he never physically attacked someone, he expressed desires to do violence. He said he was always ready for an attack, he would watch how someone moved to prepare for it. He said he could tell when someone was thinking about attacking him from their posture, the way they moved their limbs. He was very alert for this. I asked him to show me what this would look like. He lifted his arm up and moved it backwards in a upwards curve until it was directly above his head, with his thumb and fingers together. He then brought it down very quickly at me. It was a strange gesture and I cannot imagine anyone actually did this in real life. This was, I realised, a movement in response to internal energy, one of those gestures we Sensation prescribers find very useful.

He also went on to describe other violent fantasies he had, including going into his school with a gun. He had already been expelled from school for lighting fires, and his mother was trying to get him back in. He had been to a psychologist already who had given the diagnosis of Aspergers. He also described hurting himself but not feeling the pain, such as hitting his fist against a wall but feeling nothing. His mother said he did not show much emotion, and did not seem to care to much as to what happened to other people. He was a combination of rage and indifference, and described violence in a cold clinical way. He talked himself as being a loner, as being different to everyone else, and that others could not be trusted. He said that you need to rely on yourself to survive, and considered other people weak. He seemed very egotistical and superior.

This was a very serious case I felt. His level of disconnection was both frightening and extreme. What would such a person be capable of in the future, left like this?

There was one thing though that excited an emotional response (other than anger) in him, and that was the death of his grandfather several years ago. In fact, it appeared to me that this state had arisen, or become prominent after this.

I went back to the gesture. I got him to do it again, describe it to me. You watch your enemy, you assess where they are weakest, then you strike rapidly before they can defend themselves. Arm up, pull back, then lash forward with speed. Could this be a snake gesture? Striking where they are weakest is known as a snake characteristic. The arm travelled downwards in the same curve it went up in. It was odd.

I was sure this was an animal remedy - Superior/inferior, Strong/weak, surrounded by enemies, attack and defend, me versus them. I don't have the case in front of me at the moment, but I remember looking at the rubric 'Indifferent to the suffering of others', and there was a specific animal remedy there  Androctonos (scorpion). When I considered the themes of being Detached, Cold violence, Indifferent to pain, Violent rage, and the image of the Lone Fighter I felt this remedy really suited this state. Put in that perspective, the gesture made more sense as a description of the stinger and tail of the scorpion. 

It took time to reverse this state. He had several doses of 200c over a period of 12 months. Slowly his violent tendencies, his anger, his coldness become better. He seemed to have developed a much more normal range of emotions by the end of this treatment. He began to develop relationships with other children. When he came into see me, he would actually smile, something he never did before. He became more sensitive to his family members, especially his mother (who responded to Pulsatilla so you can imagine how such behaviour impacted on her). And, not surprisingly, his problems with reading and learning improved as well. His talent for mathematics stayed with him. About 3 years later he revisited me for insomnia. He looked quite different. He was friendly, he joked with me (and in fact had discovered he loved entertaining people with jokes - not sure I found them all funny but still he was amusing). He was involved with various social groups at school. Now the issue that came up, no surprise, was the grief around his grandfather. This responded very nicely to Ignatia and he did not return with any further problems.

Thank you, David, wonderful!

It is a difficult issue. We still have too little experience with it. Therefore, I had initiated this discussion also.
In addition to the people who come with such a talent on the world, there are also children who have worn a vaccine damage. Children who react more with ADHD etc. Children who have neurodermatitis and psoriasis. (At least 60% more than in my early days) or asthma.
As we respond to the effects homeopathically, I find such experiences as they were described by David, very interesting. Thank you very much!

Gabriele I am totally in agreement with you about vaccine damage. In fact, I personally believe vaccines are an extremely important trigger or cause for such states. I see so much vaccine damage in clinic - I cannot understand how it is being swept under the rug by orthodox medicine so frequently. One of the most dangerous and evil things ever done to our children is vaccination. Dr. Tinus Smits was doing some very interesting work tracing and curing all the vaccine damage he saw in children (his CEASE therapy aimed at curing Autism).

One of the reasons I enjoyed your post is because it is a closely held belief of mine that the purpose of homoeopathy is not to eliminate differences between us and create some kind of homogenized human being, but to instead allow each person to reach their unique potential. As homoeopaths, we are in the unusual position of being able to offer this to people, and I believe it is our duty to do this if we can. In fact, if we strive to be truly unbiased and respectful, I think it will happen purely as part of the natural course of healing.

Vaccination big business (in Germany tens of billions annually). There are the evil consequences of the calculated collateral damage. Vaccination was generally handled by Pasteur (not a medical doctor! Businessman and chemist) as property development. So please do not be surprised.

What fascinates me about homeopathy that it is this individuality in the core undergoes consideration. I think we are all different. Our talents complement each other. Together we form a whole. Even with the "rest" of creation. In this respect all the dyslexic and ADHD people fit into the picture. It also matches the eagle soaring high in the air, so. Or the lion under the tree in the savannah.

We urgently need to re-learn how to think in symbols, which have sustained us for millennia. We need to return the body to the soul. We must learn again, to realize that the soul is clothed with a body, it needs only a limited time.

We might then cease to want to repair this body constantly. We could take this opportunity to record the old habit again, to leave the place as we met him: pure and uncontaminated.

Homeopathy gives us these therapeutic options. We should use them all - for mutual benefit.

Let us draw the comparisons. The comparisons between observation of life and its creatures to us that we are in the middle and a part of it.

It is also a matter of personal respect for all people and creatures. This kind of medicine I enjoy. And I do not think I'm alone with it.

We are storytellers, if we give the milk of a cat. When we talk about the purring mother who brings her children in its mouth in a safe nest. The more there is for these children, after having taken care of own interests. We talk about the toad, which "grabs" with long tongues for their prey.

We are many homeopaths in the world. Our stories need to be heard more clearly. Even the one of Tinus Smits and Sankaran. Of you and me. Of all the people who have turned to us with confidence.
---
Here today for my anthem ends about the greatest of all healing arts. It's late and I just let Google translate (just have a quick check, what mischief has come of it).
I wish us all a new successful day of healing.

RSS

HWC Partners

RADIO & VIDEO SHOWS

© 2019   Created by Debby Bruck.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...