Creating Waves of Awareness
VALUE OF OBJECTIVE RUBRICS
• What one OBSERVE is more important than What one LISTEN.
• What one OBSERVE is more important than What one SAY.
• Because one can make fool to a LISTENER but not to an OBSERVER.
• Our Master, Dr Samuel Hahnemann, in aphorism No. 83, says regarding the qualities of the Homoeopathic Physician as:
1.Freedom from Prejudice
3.Attention in Observing
4.Fidelity in tracing the picture of the disease
• Naturally, the Homoeopathic Physician should be a KEEN OBSERVER so that he can get as much information as he can thro’ his observation which is more trustworthy.
• That’s why today I want to discuss some of very valuable Objective Rubrics which we can consider while Case Taking & Repertorisation.
1. Frown, disposed to:
• Frown means:
1. to contract the brows, as in displeasure or concentrated thought
2. to look with displeasure or disapproval (on or upon
3. contracting of the brows in sternness, thought, etc.
4. any expression of displeasure or disapproval
• Disposed means inclined; having a certain tendency or inclination: often preceded by an adverb ! to feel well-disposed toward someone.
2. Gestures, makes, Talking, while: Lyc, Nux v, Puls, Sep, Sulph
• Gestures means:
1. a movement, or movements collectively, of the body, or of part of the body, to express or emphasize ideas, emotions, etc.
2. anything said or done to convey a state of mind, intention, etc.; often, something said or done merely for effect or as a formality [a gesture of sympathy]
• Makes means to do
• Talking means the act of a person who talks; discussion; conversation
3. Gestures, makes, Talking, while, Head, with: Lyc, Puls, Sulph
It means a Gesture along with the movement of the head.
4. Timidity, Bashful
• Timid means:
1.easily frightened; lacking self-confidence; shy; timorous
2.showing fear or lack of self-confidence; hesitant [a timid reply]
• Bashful means:
1.timid, shy, and easily embarrassed
2.showing an embarrassed timidity
5. Mouth: Flabby, Tongue
Flabby means: Flaccid, hanging loose
6. Mouth: Flabby, Tongue, with imprints of teeth
Imprints means: to print, to impress
7. Mouth: Cracked, fissured, Tongue, Centre
8. Face: Discoloration, Chloasma:
Chloasma means a pigmentary skin discolorations, usually those occurring in yellowish, brown patches or spots.
9. Nose: Knobby tip: Aur, Calc
• Knobby means
• 1) a rounded lump or protuberance
• 2 a) a handle, usually round, of a door, drawer, etc.
b) a similar device which is turned to control operations of electronic or electrical equipment, as a radio or TV receiver
10. Face: Eruptions, Acne, Nose
Acne means a common, chronic skin disease, esp. among adolescents and young adults, characterized by inflammation of the sebaceous apparatus, usually causing pimples.
11. Mouth: Protruding, Tongue
Protruding means to thrust or jut out; project