Creating Waves of Awareness
In the late 1800's there were over 100 Homoeopathic hospitals and 22 homeopathic medical schools in the U.S., and one out of five physicians practiced homoeopathy. Here are some photographs of Homoeopathic Hospitals & Medical Colleges which were fully functional in 1800's but unfortunately they were closed down by the US congress, when they stopped funding these institutions and stopped acknowledging them and their graduates as doctors and medicine people.
Wouldn't it be nice to see hospitals like this standing today with Real healing taking place inside? Real Deep healing, working on and fixing the inner state of man...
(Pittsburgh Homoeopathic Hospital - About a hundred years back...1915)
Have a look at the following link showing a news published in Pittesburgh Press - 2nd May 1938 about the change of name of this Hospital.
(Liverpool Homoeopathic Hospital)
The Hahnemann Hospital, 42 Hope Street, was built and equipped by Henry Tate as a free gift to the citizens of Liverpool, and was presented in September 1887. The hospital was erected with a view to its being incorporated with the Homeopathic Dispensary, and so was named the ‘Liverpool Hahnemann Hospital and Dispensary’, for the treatment of the poor, both as in and out patients.
During the First World War the hospital was requisitioned by the War Office as an Auxiliary Military Hospital.
During the Second World War it became part of the Emergency Medical Service.
The hospital came under state control in 1948 under the National Health Service Act of 1946, forming part of the South Liverpool Group of hospitals. It was then renamed as the Liverpool Homeopathic Hospital, and in 1969 changed again to the Hahnemann Hospital.
In preparation for the reorganisation on Merseyside of the National Health Service, the Hahnemann became part of The United Liverpool Hospitals in 1972. From the early 1960’s there had been talk of actually closing the Hahnemann as part of the above reorganisation; this was finally done in April 1976.
The Maghull Group purchased the building in a sale and leaseback agreement with LJMU in January 2006. Planning was agreed in September 2009 to convert the Hahnemann Building at 42 Hope Street and its neighbour 58 Hope Street into a four star 51 bedroom boutique hotel with bar, restaurant and day spa.
In the meantime, The Maghull Group have taken vacant possession of the building from LJMU and will be undertaking temporary refurbishment works to provide short-term flexible office accommodation.
Flexible Office Space will be available from 500 sq ft to 10,000 sq ft on short-term flexible contracts and temporary refurbishment works will commence in shortly.
(IOWA Homeopathic Hospital - (1876-1919)
1910 - Begin decline of homeopathy: graduates dropped, number of colleges nationwide dropped to 15.
1913 - State legislature refuse health care payments for homeopathic hospital.
1914 - Hospital seeing 600 patients compared to 2,436 at regular hospital
1919 - Lowa homeopathic hospital closed.
1929 - The building went down in flames...
(Homeopathy Class of 1882- IOWA Homeopathic Hospital)