Sarcoidosis and Homeopathy A 100 Cases Study
To ascertain efficacy of Homoeopathy in treatment of Sarcoidosis, 100 cases during the period since 2007-2014 were selected for study at Homoeo Cure and Research Institute., Kashipur (INDIA). The efficiency of homoeopathic treatment was miraculously seen in all the cases. Almost all were either cured or much relieved.
Aims and objectives
- To study scope of Homoeopathy in treatment of ‘Sarcoidosis’ with its miasmatic analysis.
- To analyze the results of Homoeopathic medicines when prescribed on the basis of Miasms and on totality of symptoms.
- To prepare evidence based report on treatment of Sarcoidosis with Homoeopathy.
‘Sarcoidosis’ is a ‘not well understood’ complex multisystem, commonplace inflammatory disease, characterized by the formation of noncaseating granulomas. The granuloma is a battle clashed on a genetically susceptible ground between an unrecognized antigen(s) and a highly organized squad of lymphocytes and macrophages. The lungs are the most commonly involved organs, but no structure of the body is known to be immune to its wrecks.
The cause of Sarcoidosis is not known till now. Though not common, it often leads to permanent failure or disabilities of the organs ultimately leading to the end of vital functions.
‘Sarcoidosis’, like other disease, affects the person as a whole irrespective of the cause. The whole economy of the patient is altered producing the signs of ‘Sarcoidosis’ as well as a characteristic picture of sick individual including mental and physicals specific to his personality. This disease picture specific to that particular patient is always different from that in another one due to his particular identity proving him to be an ‘Individual’. The totality of symptoms depends upon the Miasms under-running the disease process in that individual.
The Psora being the fundamental miasm plays maximum role in altering the physiology rendering the entire imbalance. While in combination with other miasms, it produces the worst stage of the sickness. The syphilis produces destruction of tissues. To combat it, Sycosis and Psora play their vital part. This combination in turn increases the destruction as well as new tissue formation too, producing granulomas and fibromas publishing the complete portrait of Sarcoidosis.
This article examines the current understanding of Sarcoidosis in terms of Homoeopathy.
Definition of Sarcoidosis
"Sarcoidosis is a disease characterized by the formation in all of several affected tissues of epithelioid-cell tubercles without caseation though fibrinoid necrosis may be present at the centre of a few, proceeding either to resolution or to conversion into hyaline fibrous tissue".
Next #34 pages in attached file---
- Sarcoidosis was found more prevalent in Female patients (52%) than males (48%).
- Sarcoidosis was found most prevalent in patients with age between 31-40 years (30%), least in between 71-80 years (01%) and its prevalence decreased slowly with age reduction from 30 years and increase from 40 years.
- Sarcoidosis was found more prevalent in married patients (87%) than single ones (13%).
- Sarcoidosis was found in moderate built individuals (46%), obese (27%), thin (27%).
- The most frequent was Pulmonary Sarcoidosis (67%), arthritis (23%), Neuorological (08%), lymphatic (05%) skin lesions (05%), uveitis (04%), Cardiac (04%), and the least Nephrological manifestations (02%).
- The prevalence of Sarcoidosis was mostly in patients with higher income (46%), least in poor income group (13%) and 41% in average income patients.
- The prevalence of Sarcoidosis was mostly in working patients (49%), house wives (28%), Students (13%) and non-working ones (10%).
- Sarcoidosis was found more prevalent in menstruating females (36%) than those with absent or scanty menses (16%), postmenopausal (14%) and pre pubertal ones (04%).
- The most frequent miasm was found to be Sycosis (26%). Others being Psora (25%), Psora- Sycosis combination (17%), Pseudopsora (17%), Pseudopsora Sycosis combination (04%), Syphilis Sycosis combination (04%), Psora Syphilis (08%) but Syphilis and Cancerous nil.
- Out of 100 cases of Sarcoidosis, Cure-rate was 47%, Relieved- 53% and Not Cured- 0%.
- Cure rate was more in females (55.77 %) than males (37.5 %) but rate of improvement was in reverse order i.e. male (62.5 %) and female (44.23 %).
- Cure rate in children was 100% while the least in the aged. With the advancement of age, cure rate was decreasing but rate of improvement was no doubt, increasing.
- The patients from higher income group had highest cure rate while those from lower income group had higher improvement rate.
- The highiest percentage of cure was in Sycosis (50%) with 50% relieved, Pseudopsora (33%) with 67% relieved, Psora (0%) with 100% relieved.
- The highest cure rate was in pulmonary and ophthalmic sarcoidosis and the least in nephro and cardiac. But all the types of sarcoidosis showed marked improvement. No case was spoiled or not releived.
- Cure rate was highest in pre pubertal patients, next in females with profuse menses and slightly lower in others, almost same.
- Cure rate was highest in Sycosis, then Psora and least in Syphilis miasms.
- While prescribing on constitutional basis, cure rate was 54% and while prescribing onpathological basis, it was only 7%. Relief rate was higher in pathological prescribing (93%) and in constitutional prescribing, it was 46%.
- Cure rate of the indicated remedies in this study was about 100% in more than half of the number of remedies used. While all other remedies had not less than 50% cure rate.
The above study confirms the efficacy of Homoeopathy in treatment of Sarcoidosis in all stages and all types, with amazing success when applied as per laws of similia and proves its superiority among all the existing streams of treatment. Further studies are needed to understand the mechanism of action of Homoeopathic remedies in Sarcoidosis.