Creating Waves of Awareness
• It is extremely dangerous to use Secale Cor in uterine haemorrhage when there is albuminuria, for it is
likely to bring on convulsions, and if used too freely during labour, it is
extremely apt to cause puerperal metritis…. Dr. Allen.
• Apis should be given cautiously during first
three months of pregnancy in low potencies, liable to produce miscarriage….
• Digitaline---- if taken at night, is liable to
disturb the sleep…. Dr. Hughes.
• I want you not to select Pulsatilla for a loose
cough unless you are sure that all the symptoms call for it. It often tightens
such a cough without curing it…. Dr. Farrington.
• For prescribing Passiflora-Q for relief in
rheumatism, the indication should be a “Clean tongue”…. Dr. Cuthburt.
• Do not give Bellis near bed time, as it is apt to
cause sleeplessness…. Dr. J. H. Clarke.
• Most of the symptoms of Causticum are aggravated
by drinking coffee…. Dr. Boger.
• Sepia is to be given in the evening because if
given in the morning, it may produce a sufficient aggravation to have the
patient feeling quite useless for the day…. Dr. Jack.
• Phosphorus, Silicea and Lachesis are three very
dangerous remedies if there is a pre-tubercular tendency. The wrong potency or
too frequent repetition may drive the patient into an active tuberculosis…. Dr.
• Psorinum patient does not improve while taking
coffee…. Dr. Banerji.
• It is dangerous to give Phosphorus in high
potencies to patients with advanced phthisis as it may start a haemorrhage that
may prove fatal…. Dr. Tyler.
• All the Kalis are aggravated after any
disturbance in fluid balance in the body, particularly after coition…. Dr. D.
(Thanks to Dr Sultan Mahmood)