Scientific and Work Activities
MEMBERSHIP OF INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS:
• Member of the European Association for the Study of the Liver
• Membership of the International College of Psychosomatic Medicine
• Membership of the College of Family Physicians of Canada (MCFP).
SHORT TRAINING COURSES
• Training course of Basics of abdominal ultrasound (32 hours).
From May 24th 1998 to July 26th 1998. (Continuous medical
education program – Egyptian Medical Syndicate).
• Training course in Environmental Sciences (136 hours).
From September 19th 1999 to November 6th 1999. Institute of
Environmental Studies and Research – Ain Shams University.
INTERNATIONA CONFERENCES AND SEMINARS
• VI International Symposium on Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, in
Istanbul (Turkey), September 3-5, 2001.
• Innovations in HCV Science, Clinical and Patient management Initiative
Symposium, in Vienna, Austria, September 8-10, 2002.
• 38th. Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of
the Liver, in Geneva, Switzerland, July 3-6, 2003.
• 9th. International Annual Congress of the Egyptian Society of
Tropical Medicine, Infectious, and Parasitic Diseases, in Alexandria
(Egypt), June 16-18, 2004.
• The 12th United European Gastroenterology Week, in Prague, Czech
Republic, September 25-29, 2004.
• 40th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of
the Liver, in Paris, France, April 13-17, 2005.
• 5th International Congress of the African – middle East Association
of Gastroenterology, in Sharjah, UAE, February 24-26, 2006
• 4th Egyptian Digestive Diseases Week, In Cairo, Egypt, March 25-30,
• 42nd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of
the Liver, in Vienna, Austria, April 26-30, 2006.
• 43rd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of
the Liver, in Barcelona, Spain, April 11-15, 2007.
• The 15th United European Gastroenterology Week, in Paris, France,
October 27-30, 2007.
• The 16th United European Gastroenterology Week, in Vienna,
Austria, October 18-22, 2008.
• The 4th. Syrian Digestive Disease Week & The 23rd. Congress
of the Syrian Society of Gastroenterology, in Damascus, Syria, April
Present Appointment (from May2nd 1993 up to Now):
- Gastroenterologist and Tropical Medicine Specialist at the epatology
and Endoscopy Unit, Egypt Air Hospital – Cairo, Egypt.
* Performing all the endoscopic procedures (Diagnostic & therapeutic).
* On-call duties for the internal medicine and GIT departments.
* Attending out-patient’s clinics.
* Performing ward rounds for inpatients.
* Involvement in the medical board of Egypt-Air staff.
From August 3rd 1990 to February 2nd 1993:
- Working at Kamuzu Central Hospital in Lilongwe (Malawi) at the Internal Medicine Department Being under The Egyptian Fund for Technical Cooperation to Africa.
From August 1st 1989 to July 31st 1990:
- Resident at the Gastroenterology and Liver Centre, Cairo, Egypt.
From March 1st 1989 to July 31st 1989:
- Public Health Officer under the Ministry of Health, Cairo, Egypt.
From March 1st 1988 to February 29th 1989:
- Working as an Intern at Cairo University Hospitals.