Creating Waves of Awareness
In the healthy condition of man, the spiritual vital force (autocracy), the dynamis that animates the material body (organism), rules with unbounded sway, and retains all the parts of the organism in admirable, harmonious, vital operation, as regards both sensations and functions, so that our indwelling, reason - gifted mind can freely employ this living, healthy instrument for the higher purposes of our existence.
Dr Prasad Rasal:
After explaining the importance of removal of the totality of the symptoms, which means removal of the disease in its whole extent, Dr Samuel Hahnemann wants to explain the reason behind it. He has explained in detail the definition and explanation of the concept of "Vital Force" in this aphorism. If one questions, "What do you mean by vital force?" this aphorism is the perfect answer. Let us review it thoroughly.
Every word of this aphorism is very important. He starts the definition as:
1. ‘In the healthy condition of man’. This means when the body, mind and soul performs in perfect harmony, the state we call "healthy." In a simple manner, when our physical self works according to our thoughts without any complaint, then happiness results through this perfect harmony and is considered a healthy condition.
2. Then comes the ‘the spiritual vital force (autocracy), the dynamis.’ The word spiritual has a broad meaning. It means spirit like dynamic invisible entity, supernatural, and refers to forces and phenomena which are beyond ordinary scientific understanding. The presence of which is considered only on the basis of cause and the effects. Autocracy means a form of government in which unlimited power is held by a single individual.
3. Next he states, ‘that animates the material body (organism).’ The Vital Force gives life to the human body or structure. Animation and movement appears as a result of the Vital Force.
4. The statement ‘rules with unbounded sway, and retains all the parts of the organism in admirable, harmonious, vital operation, as regards both sensations and functions’ means it not only animates the body but at the same time it reigns over it. Every system in the body functions in a perfect order and harmony. Even the correlation of different systems on one another is maintained in perfect harmony so that there is no disturbance or disharmony. The heart never takes a rest nor the kidneys or brain etc. Sensation is of prime importance in the human being. The whole human race is alive because of the vital force, that maintains all functions. If the ability of sensation is lost, everything is lost.
5. He concludes, ‘so that our indwelling, reason - gifted mind can freely employ this living, healthy instrument for the higher purposes of our existence’ Hahnemann means the human being can use this living healthy body the way he thinks, with the gifted of logic. He is able to think in an inductive & deductive manner to get what he needs. The purpose of human life has a meaning is because of his ability to reason. Hopefully, the reasoning mind, tempered by the heart of compassion.
Every human being remains alive for some purpose of his existence so that he can be recognized by the people and society for the good acts performed on earth. Everyone’s purpose of existence is not same but every human being lives to achieve a permanent happiness in life i.e. Moksha, Samyak Gyan and that is actually a perfectly healthy state. Paths are different but the ultimate goal is one and only one. The Vital Force tries to achieve it with the help of Mind, Body & Soul.