Creating Waves of Awareness
A large number of pregnant ladies prefer to take Homeopathic medication during pregnancy, considering the fact that they are safe and harmless to the fetus.
But as Homeopaths do we need to take any special precautions while prescribing the medicines. There are certain points which come to my mind where no studies have been done, to the best of my knowledge.
1. For common conditions like cold-cough, urinary infections often seen during pregnany, can any medication given to the mother for the same, have any effect on the fetus.
2. Do high potencies have to be given with caution or are best avoided.
3. Is frequent repitition of a medicine needs to be avoided.
4. Can Nosodes have any harmful effect on the fetus ?
5. Are there any specific medicines which have not to be given to pregnant mothers, like Puls, Sepia which act cheifly on the female Genitilia.
6. In case of a wrong prescription by the doctor [ unintentional ] can it effect the fetus too ?
Your experiences and views are welcome from all.
Dr. Rajiv Chopra