I was posted in Ortho dept

A lady came with knee joint pain

Age 50+

Thin stature, can say almost skinny

Skin-Dry, Lusterless, thin

She told me both her knee pains

I asked her which side

She told she doesnt remember

I said try to remember it was right or left (i know this was my imature approach)

She became very serious, she said she is much tensed mentally than these pains

I asked her what..

She told she was healthy prior to 10months

Her only son got seperated after marriage (In India all wants joint family, though now a days more n more people are opting for nuclear family )

The next day itself, she experienced pain in knees while getting up after bath

With tears in her eyes she said, "i dont mind he staying seperate but if i get physically unfit how can i take care of my husband.

I dont care about my mself"

I asked her, then why she came here?

She told me its her husband who forced her to come for treatment

She is not much interested in treatment, but will do it for husband

Thermal: Chilly3

Thirst: Thirstless

Observation:- Dressed in a very simple cotton saree, not drapped properly

Follow up:-

One dose reduced pain in a weeks'time

She was very happy that now she can take care of her husband

I was tranferred to other dept, met her aft 2months, she told me she is doing well and very happy

its was her last visit to hospital

:)

So now get ready for new ideas..

Let me get some mind blowing ideas which i didnt thought of

GET SET GO!!!

Views: 1726

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Hans,
Thank you for your thoughtful comment

I agree with your statement
A remedy does not cure because it may or may not belong to a certain class (group) of remedies (miasm)
It cures because of symptom similitude

Let me be very clear that it was not a bulls'eye in dark, but a thoughtful prescription indeed

Its my honest effforts since my student days that i cud prescibe on my own
And I m proud of it

Regards,
Sadhana
Let me be very clear that it was not a bulls'eye in dark, but a thoughtful prescription indeed.
Agreed.
sajjad.
Hello Debby,
Thanks for your wishes.
But really as i go through the whole quiz and participation i didn't see any thing of worth contradicting the prescription of sepia.Its really a case of sepia where patient is in a syphilitic phase and indeed in need of some chillly thirstless and indifferent remedy. That was given correctly .Why it is been said that its a lucky hit...its a correctly studied prescription..!!
Question of other remedies can be given...what the fun...it can be said in any case..this can be given or that can be given...but the best answer to this is the result according to hering's law.
Contradicting just to contradict is not to be promoted or is healthy.
"It is as if i won't agree what ever you do "
Miasms are always creating controversy but there is always a space to study and re study to improve our knowledge ...when the statement said is not holding true to its base when correctly tested as per the rules....!
Dr Meakin,

Please explain why Sepia is the syphilitic miasm. If it were so, then we should have countless cases where syphilis has been cured by Sepia - the same counts for the tubercular miasm btw. However, nowhere in the literature is there to be found a single case where Sepia has cure either of these two diseases. Therefore, the notion is based on fallacious reasoning, as far as I can see.

Hahnemann gives as syphilitc remedies only those in the Chronic Diseases which have the power to cure syphilis. Likewise he only gives us the remedies that cure tuberculosis under that heading. Sepia is not found in either list. Therefore, to call a remedy syphilitic, sycosic or psoric must be based on the fact they can cure the states associated with those miasms.

That is proper study of the MM and its implications, as exemplified by Hahnemann himself. I am constantly amazed by the ease with which people make statements about miasms that are not borne out by the facts.
Dear Sir,

thanks for yours question !!

can you elaborate for us the difference between the disease, state and miasm
and which comes first in chronology of their appearence if its there.

sir, only these remedies that is listed by dr hahnemann in chronic diseases can cure syphilis and tuberculosis...and no other remedy has the virtue in doing so if it is not listed by him..please elaborate.

definitely i too agree people make factless statements reason being facts may be missing for them. Only seniors can guide them.
The disease is an acute manifestation. The state is the way the individual patient reacts and the miasm is the result of wrong treatment ending in suppression.

I am not saying that only the remedies listed by Hahnemann can cure the disease, but Sepia is listed by him as a psoric remedy. Sepia was discovered by Hahnemann and he did extensive provings, as he did with all the remedies he used. From the provings we know what a remedy is capable of curing. Sepia does not show any syphilitic or tubercular symptoms in the proving and is therefore not capable of curing these states of disease, nor the miasm.

It is really quite simple. All that is needed is repeated study and not just accepting what one learns in school without investigating it on its own merits. Alas, people seem to think study is not necessary when the seniors guide them. They accept blindly. Just as I never did, nobody should accept blindly. So even if you have the slightest doubt about what I have said here, go and check it and if you prove me wrong, correct me.
dear dr sadhana congrats for making everyone to share their views/advices etc..my choice would be based on simple guess and considering the keypoint of the case, u have given ....
...remedy may be cocculus indicus based on
1.ailments from cares ,worries- the loved one;over a
[also cocculus is single remedy in another rubric,...-anxiety-health,about-relatives of little concerned about his own ]
Hello Dr.Senthil,
Definetly I too considered Cocculus for her

Cocculus wil always have some or other problem of Sleep / Sleeplessness
Also if Motion Sickness is not found I rule out Cocculus
Cocculus will not be anxious about own health but it cant be indifferent lik Sepia

Keep posting
Hi,
Your prescription of sepia was correct. Never consider the negative symptoms. Always prescribe on the symptoms presented by the patient ,however, you can ask as many questions as needed to confirm their inclusion in analysis.In most of the cases it is sufficient for accurate prescription.
sajjad.
Hi Sadhana,
I Know you are follower of Vijayakar”Predictive Homeopathy’.I have read him thoroughly and found easy to follow.
Since long I am using Boenninghausen method with various repertories. At the moment I am concentrating on Boennonghausen pocket book though difficult for me to understand rubrics due to their vast coverage of symptoms.
sajjad.
Dear Sadhana - this tiny little quiz is the longest running thread on the network, I think. Totally amazing that it could stir so much attention and inquisitive minds. We are still learning. thank you.
Dear Debby,
You are right.
I too didnt think that a Sepia could attract so much attention
I learned a lot in this discussion
Thanks to you for starting such a wonderful portal
I am learning too :)

RSS

HWC Partners

RADIO & VIDEO SHOWS

© 2019   Created by Debby Bruck.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...