and Emergency Medicine
Homeopathy First Magazine
Best Vitamin C Drink 
Learn More With Caralyn 
Coupon SHOPWITHHWC

Homeopathy World Community

Creating Waves of Awareness

Dear Members,

I start this discussion by the name "My Conversion to Homoeopathy" and will try to put forward the story of conversion to homoeopathy from other fields, may it be our Master Dr.C.F.S.Hahnemann, or Dr. Boenninghausen, etc.

You can put in your story (If You have had similar experiences) or stories of someone you know.

This will add data to the history of homoeopathy.

Looking forward for your valuable participation.

Let us enter into the History!

Dr.Hahnemann, as all knows, was translating Cullen's Materia Medica came across a footnote under Cinchona or the peruvian bark that its curative eminence in malaria was due to its astringent properties. Hahnemann was not convinced with this explanation because there were other substances with more astringent properties used in medicine, but not useful to cure malaria. Dr. Hahnemann experimented on himself in 1790 by taking four drahms of a potion made from Peruvian bark. He experienced similar symptoms to that of malaria. This observation and its reconfirmation on other individuals made him record that "Peruvian bark, which is used as a remedy for intermittent fever, acts because it can produce symptoms similar to those of intermittent fever in healthy people". This led him formulate the principle, similia similibus curanter and from a clinician and chemist of his time he became the Father of Homoeopathy.

Views: 2260

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Quote :

"....and his library (3000 + volumes) was one of the rarest homoeopathic collections in the world."

Dr. Pierre Schmidt (1894- 1987) in his personal library.

Thank you Dr.Arindam, I was waiting for your valued reply.

RSS

HWC Partners

RADIO & VIDEO SHOWS

© 2019   Created by Debby Bruck.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...