Homeopathy in Intensive Care
and Emergency Medicine
Homeopathy First Magazine
Best Vitamin C Drink 
Learn More With Caralyn 
Coupon SHOPWITHHWC

Homeopathy World Community

Creating Waves of Awareness

On every webpage that sells honey, bakes products with honey and talks about proper nutrition and sources of energy we read the same statistics about calories. Very few of these pages will give you the source link. 

Here you can download many resources for sweeteners, both natural and artificial. They entitle this page "Nutritive and Nonnutritive Sweeteners" so they should give you pause to think, "Are these all foods if they have nutritional value?"

Most interestingly, we find that sugar provides calories and no other nutrients and that may be the reason why a majority of natural health practitioners tell their patients to reduce sugar intake. Medline also says both sugars and caloric sweeteners may lead to tooth decay.

Medline Plus provides a breakdown of all types of sweeteners. Honey is a combination of fructose, glucose, and water, which is produced by bees

USDA Honey Statistics | Honey contains about 64 calories per tablespoon, enzymes, trace minerals and vitamins. [One Tablespoon equals 15 grams]  One tablespoon of sugar has 46 calories, a little less calories, thus a little less energy, but much less in the way of nutritional value. The carbohydrates in the honey can be easily converted into glucose by even the most sensitive stomachs making honey easy to digest honey.

Remember not to give honey to infants younger than age one, because they cannot process any bacteria, such as Clostridium that may have contaminated a particular batch. Infant botulism can cause muscle weakness, with signs like poor sucking, a weak cry, constipation, and an overall decreased muscle tone.

The USDA page linked above can set you off on a wild chase to learn about the many sweeteners available today. In comparison, you might have the option to choose agave syrup. They provide this sweetener at the self serve free coffee counter at Trader Joe's. Who wouldn't try it? Agave has about 60 calories per tablespoon, compared to 40 calories for the same amount of table sugar. It says 'natural' but agave manufacturers process the syrup before bottling. Agave is about 1 1/2 times sweeter than sugar. Now that you know this information, maybe try your tea straight up or your coffee black?

Views: 358

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What about bee sting therapy ? I wonder if anyone have any personal experiences with this.

have no personal experience but had treated a case with bee sting with Apis mellifica and belladonna both used in 30 in repeated doses every 3 hourly alternatively  

In Hungary Doctors and Alternative Healers frequently use bee sting therapy.

Bee Sting Therapy is practiced all over the world.

I love the way the editors at wikipedia have 'qualified' their post on apitherapy as not being evidenced-based medicine. They have also done this to the pages on homeopathy. Just to note that this type of therapy has been on-going in many world cultures for thousands of years. However, since it is not "evidence-based" on the last 50 years worth of technology you can just poo-poo it for the sake of science.

Many people today still use the products and venom of the bee for many chronic and acute illnesses and pain of arthritis, swelling and inflammation.  Everyone loves the taste of honey and the honey cough drops to sooth sore throats and itching coughs were popular for me as a child.

People also like the pollen, bee bread, propolis, royal jelly, and apilarnil. Whole cultures and communities have seasonal events and gatherings around bee therapy. Doing a little research in my state of North Carolina alone, where this tradition has been popular, I'm learning about a variety of honeys and colors with special properties and flavors. Like birders who hunt to see unusual birds, some people search for the elusive blue or green honey.

Effects of Stingless Bee and Honey Bee Propolis on Four Species of Bacteria
Genet Mol Res, 2009;8(2):635-40

Honey for the Symptomatic Relief of Cough in Children with Upper Respiratory Tract Infections
Emergency Medicine Journal, 2009;26:522-523

• A short-cut review was carried out to establish whether honey provides significant symptom relief of cough in children with an upper respiratory tract infection (URTI). Only one paper presented a trial addressing the clinical question. The author, date and country of publication, patient group studied, study type, relevant outcomes, results and study weaknesses of this paper are shown in table 1. The clinical bottom line is that honey does appear to be effective in relieving some of the symptoms of URTI.

MRSA resists antibiotic treatment, but with bee honey's potent antibiotic effects, it may be a solution.

• The Sydney Morning Herald, 6/17/2009 Antibacterial activity of medical-grade Leptospermum honey: antibacterial spectrum, resistance and transcriptome analysis. 
    • Dr Carter, working alongside Dr Shona Blair, tested honey produced by bees that fed on Leptospermum tea tree. This form of honey was not conducive for bacterial growth due to the mildly acidic with high sugar levels. This honey contains a precursor chemical to hydroperoxide and the molecule methylglyoxal, both toxic to bacterial cells. And the honey appeared to have properties, not yet understood, which prevented bacteria from developing a resistance despite tests designed to induce such a response. In particular, staphylococcus bacteria - such as MRSA or methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus were "very sensitive" to the honey and seemed to suffer "multi-system failures," Dr Carter said.

Let's then change the posts at wikipedia by us. The wikipedia is an open-source database.

Very nice Debby.  What do you think personally ?  Do you know someone who tried this ?  I know someone who was taking the venom as subcutaneous injection with a diet for her recurrent UTI and burning with urination and it helped her alot.

Actually I am trying to use one or 2 alternatives along with homeopathy like apitherapy , flowers remedies, or cupping but I haven't decided which one yet.  Bee sting venom is being used by some doctors and healers here in Egypt to boost immunity. I hear that it's being used with cupping (Hijama) to treat MS and that it brings good results. I wonder if we used cupping + bee sting + homeopathy ,what the result would be for MS , for example ?  Will they work synergistically or oppositely ?

RSS

HWC Partners

RADIO & VIDEO SHOWS

© 2019   Created by Debby Bruck.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...