and Emergency Medicine
Homeopathy First Magazine
Best Vitamin C Drink 
Learn More With Caralyn 
Coupon SHOPWITHHWC

Homeopathy World Community

Creating Waves of Awareness

A few personal observations

In acute cases where remedies are selected according the most prominent symptoms, the selection is easy, unambiguous and if applied in the correct way, the remedy will act fast and profound.  We all experienced this many times.  Here homeopathy is an exact science.

In more chronic situations I observed a few things which made me realize, that there is another dimension to homeopathy. Success in more chronic cases is not solely down to symptoms, down to the correct remedy, down to the correct application, -- much also depends on who is the therapist, who applies the remedy, and what is the practitioner – patient relationship.

It seems to me, that an wise and understanding practitioner, who is nonjudgmental can grab the totality of the case. With this reflective state of mind the practitioner can see where the patient is on his / her journey through live, can see the issues he is confronted with, and can see where the person got stuck, leading to disease.

Listening without commenting opens up a space where mutual trust establishes itself between practitioner and patient. This creates a relationship, which is very important for the success of therapy. By this realization, the remedy clearly stands out.  Remedies on the other side can be experienced as situations, and used as unlockers so to speak.

Handed over by the practitioner himself, it will work miraculous.

The same remedy obtained from the pharmacy often did little to nothing even when accurately applied according the disease-symptom picture.

This caught my curiosity – and I revisited my old cases looking for answers.

I realized that information is transported into the remedy whenever handed down by the practitioner himself, to the extent that this remedy becomes much stronger and it will act decisive. This remedy then is personalized; -- it will only work for this person right now, not for anyone else and not for this person at another time.  This effect takes place, if the practitioner allows himself to become united with the patient, forgetting about his individuality at this time completely in a non attached way. Otherwise the practitioner will suffer burn-out.

This finding adds another dimension to homeopathy: the practitioner himself.

Even though being unprejudiced, and not taking part in the patients suffering by comment, he plays the most important role by understanding the patient in the full human extent, realizing what is needed, and subconsciously transferring that information into the remedy, which in turn becomes unique and curative.

Views: 521

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Hans,

It is a simple fact that there is a great deal of information about and experience with the VF that is not reflected in Hahnemann's writings. The wise homeopath will avail himself of that information.

Also, while Hahnemann set the matrix, he did not have the last word on every topic. If Boenninghausen had stayed strictly within the limits of what Hahnemann said and did, we wouldn't have the repertory. If Hering had stayed within those limits, we wouldn't have the Law of Cure. And so forth. The system of homeopathy is meant to evolve and grow, and this means adding things that Hahnemann may never have addressed at all.

So, I don't see what I am saying as a contradiction to what Hahnemann said, so much as it is a development from it. I hope others are doing the same in areas of homeopathy that have a great appeal to them.

dear Bruce

Interesting point you make. May I ask you a few questions?

Where did Boenninghausen not stay within the limits of what Hahnemann said and did?

Why is Boenninghausens repertory outside the limits of what Hahnemann said and did? ( please back it up with quotes, so that I can check.)

Where did Hering leave what Hahnemann said and did, when he wrote about three rules?

Where did hering call these rules a law?

I encourage exactness -- makes for transparency and meaningful discussions.

Hans,

It does not take quotes to understand these simple observations. Hahnemann did not give us a repertory; Boenninghausen moved past Hahnemann to do so. Hahnemann did not give us the Law of Cure; Hering moved past Hahnemann to do so. Many have added new remedies to the Materia Medica of which Hahnemann never dreamed. And so forth.

Homeopathy is a living art and science. It did not stop with the Master, great as our debt is to him. It moves on, and many make new contributions.

I do not find that my view of the vital force contradicts Hahnemann, nor do I aver that I have added new information, because I have not. I simply state what I have learned from others, both east and west. If you find that your practice works well within the definitions that you accept, then please continue. I choose to examine and assimilate new material into my practice.

As this discussion has entered the circular phase, in which we just go around and around the same points, I will disengage at this time.

Dear Dr. Bruce Arnold

I don't find that this debate enters circular motion. There are many new aspects coming up. I rather see, that there is a lack of appreciation of the truth regards the history of homoeopathy on your part. And it does take quotes to clarify, if you come out with statements which are not in line with international research and findings of myself and others.

Hahnemann left a few repertories behind which he created ( I inspected them myself), -- so did otheres around the same time. Some went into print, Other's never made it and are in the Institute in Stuttgart.

It was in cooperation with Hahnemann, that Boenninghausen published his first repertory in 1835.( Hahnemann wrote the introduction to it).

Regards "herings law"

Actually If you read the introduction of herings translation of the chronic disease, you will find, that hering's rules (as he called them) were discovered by Hahnemann, some published in the organon others in the Chronic diseases.

those rules were termed after herings death " laws" by Kent, who interpreted them as a must. Hering saw them rather as practical hints to confirm that the case is going the right direction.

As regards vital force, you may want to see for yourself in the organon and the Chronic disease. I have done so, as with the other points you made.

We may at another time debate the exact meaning of liveforce in the context of homoeopathy. till then,--

Take care,

Hans Weitbrecht

Quite an interesting finding.But how can we be sure about this observation.I had treated many chronic diseases, successfully, and my pharmacist used to dispense the medicine, I rarely given the medicine directly to the patient, so I am not sure .At the same time I have no reason to contradict the observation,therefore  let us  keep it open and compile the findings to provide it statistical strength, in favour or otherwise.

Dear Dr. Sushil Bahl

By now, it is an observation, -- and maybe in time to come others notice similar things and post them here.

RSS

HWC Partners

RADIO & VIDEO SHOWS

Groups

© 2019   Created by Debby Bruck.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...