and Emergency Medicine
Homeopathy First Magazine
Best Vitamin C Drink 
Learn More With Caralyn 
Coupon SHOPWITHHWC

Homeopathy World Community

Creating Waves of Awareness

A few personal observations

In acute cases where remedies are selected according the most prominent symptoms, the selection is easy, unambiguous and if applied in the correct way, the remedy will act fast and profound.  We all experienced this many times.  Here homeopathy is an exact science.

In more chronic situations I observed a few things which made me realize, that there is another dimension to homeopathy. Success in more chronic cases is not solely down to symptoms, down to the correct remedy, down to the correct application, -- much also depends on who is the therapist, who applies the remedy, and what is the practitioner – patient relationship.

It seems to me, that an wise and understanding practitioner, who is nonjudgmental can grab the totality of the case. With this reflective state of mind the practitioner can see where the patient is on his / her journey through live, can see the issues he is confronted with, and can see where the person got stuck, leading to disease.

Listening without commenting opens up a space where mutual trust establishes itself between practitioner and patient. This creates a relationship, which is very important for the success of therapy. By this realization, the remedy clearly stands out.  Remedies on the other side can be experienced as situations, and used as unlockers so to speak.

Handed over by the practitioner himself, it will work miraculous.

The same remedy obtained from the pharmacy often did little to nothing even when accurately applied according the disease-symptom picture.

This caught my curiosity – and I revisited my old cases looking for answers.

I realized that information is transported into the remedy whenever handed down by the practitioner himself, to the extent that this remedy becomes much stronger and it will act decisive. This remedy then is personalized; -- it will only work for this person right now, not for anyone else and not for this person at another time.  This effect takes place, if the practitioner allows himself to become united with the patient, forgetting about his individuality at this time completely in a non attached way. Otherwise the practitioner will suffer burn-out.

This finding adds another dimension to homeopathy: the practitioner himself.

Even though being unprejudiced, and not taking part in the patients suffering by comment, he plays the most important role by understanding the patient in the full human extent, realizing what is needed, and subconsciously transferring that information into the remedy, which in turn becomes unique and curative.

Views: 521

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Really interesting !! It has always been my experience that whatever the modality, reiki, massage, allopathy etc etc If there is not an empathetic reaction between practitioner and patient, almost at a synergestic level then healing can take longer and often not at all. Some call it "trust".

Regards Anita

other others call it ' (auto) suggestion ',' placebo effect ',... ;-)

To my understanding Auto suggestion is different to placebo effect....TO me it does not matter what "it" is, if peeps feel better, get well, recover then that to me is the primary aim...whatever it takes.

Dear Anita,
People have done experiments in which one of two patient groups (A and B) received placebo. At the doctor administering it was said that one drug (A) was active, the other (B) placebo. The activity in group A was 50% higher than in group B. Just to say the conviction of the operators increases the placebo effect.

Personally, after 35 years unitary homeopathic practice,   Y ask myself sometimes whether the difficult search of the remedy in the repertory and materia medica convinces me that Y found the right remedy and that this autosuggestion increases the placebo effect!

Indeed, TO me too it does not matter what "it" is, if peeps feel better, get well, recover then that to me is the primary aim...whatever it takes.

Dear Rene

Well expressed,

-- Unfortionally this additional effect, (and I don't want to call it placebo effect) can not be relied upon solely. If the remedy is ill chosen, applied with the best of intentions of the practitioner, it does not seem to do any good. (in chronic cases).

In acute cases, it really is down to the choice of remedy, the potency, the producer.

It makes little difference, if there is any connection between practioner and patient.

Auto suggestion or placebo effects cannot be the cause of these effects for a very simple reason. the patient would not come and look for help, if auto-suggestion would work, or placebo effects would cure. Everyone would heal themselves. It is still due to the effects, I observed and reported earlier around.

In the bigger picture, there are two things which determine:  Is this a case of simply removing a temporary disturbance of the liveforce by restoring order = removing a disease, then it does not matter if there is any relationship between practitioner and pateint.

Is it a case of "healing" (I don't like christian terminology), then above described efffects play an important role.

We cannot assume that everyone coming through our door wants to move on in live, -- often all they want is to recover quickly from a cough or cold.

In fact, In TA (Transactional Analysis) therapy the practitioners are asked to guard against 'Transference' and he is advised to 'Decontaminate' through a process and supervision.

I was talking to a TA therapist and he said we should not write the presenting symptoms of the patient, instead ask the patient to write it down on a paper and if he cannot write then record it.

I appreciate all the comments so far, and each one has had a contribution to make.

However, I want to state emphatically that in my previous post, I was not talking about trust, transference, suggestion, etc. I am talking about a specific form of action or communication which the VF of both patient and practitioner always undertakes. This is not even the same as the multitude of data bits that the subconscious receives and processes and from which we learn a great deal without it ever becoming conscious. Nor is it the same thing as intuition.

As a psychotherapist, I have been trained in and use such modalities as Object Relations Therapy, clinical hypnosis, and others. In Object Relations Therapy, an important part of the technique is to be consciously aware of and use the transference. This is also true of Freudian psychoanalysis, but it is used in a much different manner, and I prefer the Object Relations approach. In clinical hypnosis, we use suggestion a great deal of course. Even in conventional allopathy, suggestion plays a part, as in the famous "white lab coat syndrome." Just having a doctor tell people something can help determine the outcome. These things are all true and valuable if we understand them, but they are not what I am talking about.

For most of us it takes practice to become aware of this activity of the VF. There are specific exercises to help develop the ability to be more consciously aware of the action of the VF in this regard. Among those exercises I would include the regular practice of Tai Chi, Qi Gong, or any yoga which emphasises the flow of prana (such as Kripalu Yoga, or the breathing exercises of pranayama.) As in all other skills, it will come more readily to some, it will come more fully to some, but anyone can develop it to some extent.

Dear Bruce

Now it becomes more clear what you mean. there is one thing where my observations differ. You wrote:

>> I am talking about a specific form of action or communication which the VF of both patient and practitioner always undertakes.

In my observations this "always" is a "sometimes".

And of course, it's not against the wish and will of the patient. A well trained mind will not be influenced by suggestion of any kind.

In general:

the Vital force relates to the living principle, and has little inteligence. It is barely able to overcome acute diseases and often unable to overcome chronic disease without help. For further detail see the Organon.

The VF is subordinate to the entity (Wesen) of the person.

A cure can be effected at the level of the liveforce, ie restoration of health.

"Healing", which ultimately is the overcoming of suffering can only be achieved partially and temporarily by removal of the disease, if this suffering stems from disease.

But disease is not the only cause of human suffering; old age, birth, death, not getting what one wants, (grief, sorrow) are other ways of human suffering.

So -- suffering strictly spoken cannot be overcome by homeopathy. It can only be overcome individually by every entity (Wesen).

What would follow here is outside the field of homoeopathy. So I leave it to another time.

Dr. Weitbrecht:

>> I am talking about a specific form of action or communication which the VF of both patient and practitioner always undertakes.

In my observations this "always" is a "sometimes".

The communication always takes place. We are sometimes aware of it. We can improve our awareness of this interaction with the VF a great deal, but I don't know if we ever become always aware of it. I haven't yet. It gets better with practice is all I can say for sure.

I'm afraid I must disagree with your characterization of the VF as having very little intelligence. The VF is a particular instance of prana, which is the intelligence which orders the entire universe. Planets move in their orbits -- which is to say, gravity acts as it does -- because of the way prana (VF, chi, ki) works in the cosmos.

It is barely able to overcome acute diseases and often unable to overcome chronic disease without help. For further detail see the Organon.

This is one way to put it, a pessimistic way. The other way, equally true but with an entirely different significance, is that the VF does not work alone to overcome acute or chronic disease. This is a simple statement of fact, without judgment (mistaken judgment, IMHO) as to whether it is weak or unintelligent. It does not dismay me that other elements must work together with the VF to produce various results, such as healing of disease.

For the rest, as to the nature of suffering, I am sure we are very much in accord. I thank you again for such a stimulating topic and all you have contributed to it.

Dear Bruce

Interesting contribution.

-- regards the characterisation of the Live force:

Much depends on which definition of Live force we base our conversation on.

I like to stick to Hahnemann's observations and deductions in the context of Homeopathy. The live force is seen differently in eastern medicine and religion, even though Gautamo pretty much uses the the same definition  as Hahnemann. If you find a discrepancy in what I expressed here from Hahnemann's observations let us know -- erare humanum est -.

It would make an interesting topic to compare the different definitions of "Live force".

Hello Hans,

No, I am not saying that you are in error in your presentation of what Hahnemann said about the VF. I'm just hoping that we can view this more broadly than Hahnemann did. For all of his undoubted genius, he could not possibly know everything about all homeopathic matters. It is up to us, his successors, to use whatever resources we may have, and of course our own empirical observations, to further his work. Homeopathy did not stop with his death.

And of course his is not the only definition of the VF, not must we confine ourselves to it when we discuss homeopathy. Certainly there are the eastern traditions with their rich, broad and deep understanding and experience of this matter, call it VF, chi, ki, prana, or whatever. Here in the West, there are also different sources to draw upon, such as Galen or Paracelsus among the ancients, and (for instance) such practitioners as John Scudder among moderns.

Much of what I have had to say on the subject comes from all of those sources -- I have practiced Tai Chi, yoga, etc. for over 40 years, in addition to homeopathic practice for over 20 years. So I've learned from a variety of sources, and then there is my own experience.

I believe that what I have said does not contradict Hahnemann, so much as extend his comments on the matter further into areas he might have explored but did not. I am so glad, for instance, that he spent his time developing the LM potencies, instead of pursuing research on the VF as I have done. Because I would have never come up with the LM potencies!

Dear Bruce

HMMM -- actually what you say about the liveforce contradicts what Hahnemann says.

You feel my reluctance to start the big Live force discussion here, simply, because I don't have the time and energy right now to go into it.

I think that viewing things broadly means to see things in their context. The context of Homeopathy is Hahnemann's observations, and they are a good starting point, and a point to return to whenever confusion arises by different meanings to one term.

Introducing different meanings to widely accepted terms in homeopathy leads to confusion. To assume that all what Hahnemann wrote in the organon was all he knew about the live force  is not supported by his other activities. (He was a grand master of the free mazons etc.) But what can be assured is, that Hahnemann passed on all neccessary information about the live force for  curing the sick (in the organon).

This does means that each of us on their own personal level can and should venture further if we wish to do so. We can name things after ourselves avoiding confusion.

RSS

HWC Partners

RADIO & VIDEO SHOWS

© 2019   Created by Debby Bruck.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...